Part-Time Check & Connect Mentor Job Posting
Description: Part-time, non-exempt, NOT benefits eligible
Hours: 10, 15 or 20 hours a week at the school site during school hours
Communities In Schools of Wichita/Sedgwick County’s (CIS) Check & Connect program is a comprehensive intervention designed to enhance student engagement at school, improve attendance and foster school completion. The mentor is responsible for providing personalized interventions under the supervision of the Mentor Team Lead for a caseload of Pre-K – 3rd grade students and their families to meet student needs.
Essential/Primary skills needed and Job Functions:
- Willingness and ability to work with Pre-K through 3rd graders and their families to build relationships and develop goals to improve attendance and increase student/family engagement at the school.
- Willingness to work with parents/guardians of caseload students, including home visitation.
- Ability to motivate students to participate at school by personalizing interventions and targeting strategies to meet student need.
- Ability to assist students and families to set personal and educational goals-both immediate and future-oriented.
- Ability to help students and families solve and successfully meet the everyday demands of the school environment.
- Ability to work with the team at the school to provide needed supports to the student and family.
Education, Knowledge and Skills:
- Some knowledge of community resources is preferred.
- Requires confidentiality, a strong work ethic, and excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to navigate on-line data management systems with appropriate training.
- Reliable, on-time and regular attendance required.
- Reliable form of transportation and insurance required.
College students are encouraged to apply.
2 year commitment required.
Must pass all required background checks including Motor Vehicle Report.
Compensation: $10.00 per hour
Position closes at 3pm on July 23, 2015
Submit a resume, a letter of interest, and 3 references including contact information via e-mail to:
Karen Blucher, email@example.com