Title: Director of Development and Marketing
Reports to: Executive Director
Department: Administrative Office of Communities In Schools of Wichita/Sedgwick County
Communities In Schools of Wichita/Sedgwick County, Inc. is a private, non-profit dropout prevention organization that is an affiliate of the nation’s largest stay-in-school network. Through our programs and resources, Communities In Schools of Wichita/Sedgwick County, Inc. connects students and their families to critical community resources, tailored to individual needs.
Reporting to and directed by the Executive Director, the Director of Development and Marketing will be responsible for developing and maintaining fundraising, grant application, designated reporting processes, and marketing for Communities In Schools of Wichita/Sedgwick County, Inc., along with managing Communities In Schools of Wichita/Sedgwick County, Inc. events. The Director of Development and Marketing is responsible to help implement the vision and goals of Communities In Schools of Wichita/Sedgwick County as articulated by the Executive Director.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Establish and maintain appropriate linkages with media outlets as relates to specific efforts in fundraising and government relations
- Produce content and manage publication for e-newsletters, annual report, brochures, collaterals, and other CIS of Wichita/Sedgwick County publications
- Maintain and write content for website and digital/social media, coordinating posting responsibilities among staff
- Design and produce content for fundraising and program materials
- Produce press releases as appropriate
- Assist local affiliates as needed with identity, branding, and marketing issues
- Serve as marketing liaison to national and regional office
- Lead a full-spectrum private sector fund development program adequate to meet the organization’s financial needs and facilitate growth; Includes comprehensive funding from the following funder types and includes oversight of all funding-related functions such as reporting and recognition:
- Community-based, including United Way
- CIS State, Regional and National
- School districts
- Board, annual, and other campaigns
- Cultivate prospective donors
- Coordinate fundraising efforts
- Oversee and share management of the organization’s grants calendar, providing notice to appropriate parties of deadlines and other requirements
- Maintain administrative relationship with private, non-contract funders, including completing and submitting required reports
- Support public fundraising efforts
- Develop and implement donor retention program
- Oversee timely thank-you letters and IRS receipts
- Oversee maintenance of CIS of Wichita/Sedgwick County donor software with timeliness and accuracy
- Balance monthly donations with accounting personnel
- Coordinate all special events conducted by CIS of Wichita/Sedgwick County; FriendRaisers, Rock the Keys, STAR luncheon, Girlfriends of CIS group and other events
- Attend and participate in coordination of occasional events hosted in collaboration with partners
- Grow CIS of Wichita/Sedgwick County brand awareness by maximizing events
- Increase the net earnings of fundraising events
Other Position Functions
- Manage resource development and marketing consultants, interns and volunteers
- Attend key events and promote CIS of Wichita/Sedgwick County
- Other duties as assigned by Executive Director
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
At a minimum, the Director of Development and Marketing must have a Bachelor’s Degree. In addition, the Director of Development and Marketing shall have:
- At least five years of combined fundraising and marketing experience
- Demonstrated and superior interpersonal, written and oral communication skills
- Ability to prioritize multiple projects, meeting strict deadlines, while maintaining strong attention to detail
- Dedication to relationship building and a commitment to working as an integral part of the team, while exercising significant initiative and autonomy
- Excellent knowledge and experience of computer applications such as word processing, Excel, electronic data tracking, internet, web sites, Facebook, etc.
Work Environment Office, School Sites, Community
Lifting Requirement 25 pounds
Travel Requirements Minimum travel, including conferences, meetings, school sites, etc.
Valid driver’s license
Pass various background checks
The physical requirements described here are a representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
OTHER POSITION INFORMATION:
Direct Budget – No
Indirect Budget – Yes
Major System (MIS) or Process Responsibility:
CISDM – Communities In Schools Data Management system
As a staff member of Communities In Schools of Wichita/Sedgwick County, Inc., you are a mandated reporter of child abuse and neglect as outlined in the employee handbook. Failure to properly report to the appropriate child welfare authority and your supervisor can result in disciplinary actions up to and including termination. See Mandated Reporter Policy in the Employee Personnel Manual for specific details.
The duties and responsibilities of this position are subject to change without prior notice.
To submit an application:
Please submit a cover letter, resume and three professional references to CISdevelopmentdirector@gmail.com. Applicants will be required to pass state and NSOPR background checks prior to hiring. Communities In Schools of Wichita/Sedgwick County, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.