Check & Connect Mentor Team Lead Description: Full-time, Benefits eligible, exempt classification
Communities In Schools of Wichita/Sedgwick County’s (CIS) Check & Connect program is a comprehensive intervention designed to enhance student engagement at school, improve attendance and foster school completion. The Mentor Team Lead is responsible for providing personalized interventions for a caseload of Pre-K – 3rd grade students and their families to meet student needs in addition to leading the mentor team at the school site.
Essential/Primary skills needed and Job Functions:
- Previous experience coordinating services to students and families.
- Previous experience working with families in their homes.
- Ability to build relationships as part of an effective mentoring approach.
- Ability to motivate students to participate at school by personalizing interventions and targeting strategies to meet student need.
- Knowledge of existing resources and the ability to make referrals to the appropriate school and community based professionals or services.
- Ability to assist students and families to set personal educational goals-both immediate and future-oriented.
- Ability to help students and families solve and successfully meet the everyday demands of the school
- Ability to apply the concept of Persistence-Plus to support students and families by providing a sense of
optimism and hopefulness for the student’s school performance.
- Strong ability to recruit and retain mentors that work with students and families.
- Strong ability to supervise, lead and coach Check & Connect mentors in working with students and families to improve outcomes.
Education, Knowledge and Skills:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Social Work, Education, or related field.
- Supervision experience highly desirable.
- Knowledge of the community and resources.
- Requires confidentiality, a strong work ethic, and excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Experience with, and ability to navigate on-line data management systems.
Position closes at 3pm on May 29, 2015
Interviews will be scheduled between June 1 and June 12, 2015
Submit a resume and letter of interest including contact information via e-mail to: Karen Blucher, firstname.lastname@example.org