Title: Partnership and Communications Director
Reports to: Executive Director
Department: Administrative Office of Communities In Schools of Wichita/Sedgwick County
The Partnership and Communications Director is a key member of the administrative team that supports Communities In Schools of Wichita/Sedgwick County, Inc. This position is responsible for providing strategic direction in the area of partnership development, resource development, and communications and marketing.
- A proven track record in marketing, communications, volunteer recruitment and management and/or resource development
- A self-starter and results-driven professional with exceptional organizational and planning skills, juggling many priorities, yet knowing how to effectively partners with individuals, businesses and organizations to increase participation in CIS programs and organization revenues
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent knowledge of computer applications, graphic/web development
- Passion for education and the power it provides to students, particularly those at risk of school failure
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Leads a full-spectrum private sector fund development program adequate to meet the organization’s financial needs and facilitate growth
- Identifies, develops, implements and tracks strategies to deepen partnerships, grow volunteer participation, sponsorship and grant revenues, and in-kind donations
- Fosters relationships with new and existing volunteers, sponsors and partners
- Works with representatives from the business, civic, and community to obtain participation in and financial support for programs
- Secures grants and individual donations
Communication & Marketing
- Recommends strategies for utilizing on-line marketing to the CIS of Wichita/Sedgwick County Board and Executive Director to help achieve campaign and program goals
- Analyzes and evaluates success of marketing initiatives and makes recommendations for improvements to the Executive Director
- Oversees Annual Campaign and Special Events materials and production process
- Develops press releases and regularly updates website
- Design and produce content for fundraising materials and program materials
- Develops an event schedule and budget for all special events, in collaboration with the Board Resource Development Committee
- Coordinates all special events conducted by CIS of Wichita/Sedgwick County
Work environment Office, school sites, community
Lifting Requirement 25 pounds
Travel Requirements Minimum travel
Valid driver’s license
Pass various background checks
The physical requirements described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
OTHER POSITION INFORMATION
Direct Budget – No
Indirect Budget – Yes
Major System (MIS) or Process Responsibility
Graphic Program (as determined)
As a staff member of Communities In Schools of Wichita/Sedgwick County, Inc., you are a mandated reporter of child abuse and neglect as outlined in the employee handbook. Failure to properly report to the appropriate child welfare authority and your supervisor can result in disciplinary actions up to and including termination. See Mandated Reporter Policy in the Employee Personnel Manual for specific details.
The duties and responsibilities of this position are subject to change without prior notice.
To submit an application:
Please submit a cover letter, resume’ and 3 professional references to firstname.lastname@example.org by September 1, 2015.
Applicants will be required to pass state and NSOPR background checks prior to hiring. Communities In Schools of Wichita/Sedgwick County, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.